The fund is open to applications from anyone living with HIV in the North West and who has accessed services at George House Trust.
The George House Trust Welfare Fund is currently closed to new applications.
George House Trust operates its own Welfare Fund. This fund is open to applications from anyone living with HIV in the North West and who has accessed services at George House Trust.
The fund is generously supported by the National Lottery Community Fund and Manchester Relief in Need. There is a fixed fund available and applications will close when the fund is depleted. We will only consider applications where it is clear that the item requested will contribute to your health and wellbeing and we will prioritise applications based on personal circumstances such as income and health, particularly if you have been adversely affected by Covid-19.
Items you can apply for include:
- Beds & mattresses
- White Goods (cooker, washing machine, fridge etc.)
1. If you are living with HIV and living in the North West and have not contacted George House Trust before you must book an appointment with an adviser before applying to the Welfare Fund.
2. We cannot pay for ordinary living expenses from the Welfare Fund, your application must be for a specific item or service.
3. Unless the child is living with HIV, we are sorry, but we cannot pay for items for children.
4. If you are granted an item from the fund you cannot reapply for other items for another 6 months.
5. For reasons of safety, gas and electric cookers will be professionally installed. We will not grant these items without installation. For your convenience, we also arrange installation of washing machines.
We take data security very seriously. This site is secure and your data is encrypted.